1. Our Commitment to Privacy
This policy applies to the users of this website (www.jlr.ca) and the services provided by JLR. To ensure this policy stays up-to-date, we may update it from time to time. Any changes will be published on our website and it is your obligation to review each time you visit the site. If you object to any changes we make, you should stop accessing our services, otherwise you consent to these changes by continuing to use the services. By accessing or using this website and/or the services, you agree to be bound by this policy and the applicable terms and conditions of use or services agreement you enter into with JLR. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, in whole or in part, please do not access this website or use the service.
Our site contains links to websites operated by third parties. JLR is not responsible for the practices or privacy policies of these websites, and our policy does not apply to them.
4. Information Collected and How We Collect It
Personal information we collect includes:
- Property information published by governmental bodies such as registries and municipalities (e.g., owner name(s), property address and value).
- Identity and contact information such as name, email address, postal code and phone number.
- Payment information (e.g., credit card number).
- Information about your industry and your product preferences.
- Your opinion about JLR services.
- Information about how you interact with our website and your online activity, including
- Device-specific data: IP address, screen resolution, device type, operating system, browser type, geographic location (country only), preferred language used to display our website;
- User interactions: mouse events (movements, location and clicks), keypresses;
- Log data: referring URL and domain, pages visited, geographic location (country only), preferred language used to display our webpage, date and time when website pages were accessed.
Most of the personal information we collect comes directly from you (e.g., subscribing to our newsletters, alerts and mailing lists, registering for training sessions or other services, placing orders, participating in sweepstakes or other promotions, sharing your opinion through an online survey).
We also collect information from public sources such as government bodies’ registries (e.g., Land Registry Office) and municipalities.
We may monitor or record communications between you and our representatives (e.g., telephone calls) in order to enhance and maintain client service quality, to protect you and us, to confirm our discussions with you or for training purposes.
5. How JLR Uses and Discloses Personal Information
We use and disclose personal information for numerous reasons, such as to:
- Set up, manage, administer and maintain your services, such as accessing and using certain information, documents and services from our website.
- Promote and market products and services that may be of interest to you offered by JLR, affiliates or select third parties.
- For statistical and analytical purposes including but not limited to market analysis.
- Better manage and improve our relationship with you including monitoring, reviewing or improving client service, the usability of our website and business processes to make it easier to do business with us.
- Perform everyday business operations including record keeping or internal reporting.
- Develop products and services, including conducting market research or analyzing data we hold about you.
- Use third parties to perform services on our behalf.
- Detect, prevent, and address fraud or other illegal activity.
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable request by a governmental agency.
6. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
JLR maintains strict security safeguards when storing or destroying your personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. These standards are in place for all information, regardless of how it is stored and we regularly review, test and enhance our systems to ensure they meet accepted industry standards. We also limit the number of employees who may access your personal information on a need-to-know basis. We conduct due diligence on, and impose the same high standards that we implement internally for, our affiliates who are permitted to access your information from us.
In the event that we transfer your personal information to a third party in Canada or across borders for processing, we contractually require such third party to protect your personal information in a manner consistent with our privacy safeguarding measures, subject to the law in the third party jurisdiction.
7. How JLR Obtains Your Consent and How you May Withdraw It
By providing JLR with information, you are providing your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in this policy. Subject to legal, business or contractual requirements, you can withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information at any time upon giving us reasonable notice. However, withdrawing your consent may limit or prevent us from providing you with, or being able to continue to provide you with, specific products and services.
We apply a standard “unsubscribe” option in each of our electronic marketing communications with you regarding our products and services or other products and services that may interest you. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for your unsubscribe request to take effect. If you unsubscribe from electronic marketing communications, you will continue to receive electronic alerts and/or other subscriptions until you cancel your subscription.
8. Access to Your Personal Information
You can access your personal information and request a correction.
To verify and correct the information contained in your online account, simply log in. If you need help with accessing or correcting your account information, contact us.
You also have a right to access the other personal information about you that is under our control subject to any legal restrictions or rights of refusal. Such a request for access must be made in writing stating the details of the personal information you are requesting to JLR’s Privacy Officer at email@example.com. We will need you to verify your identity before searching for or providing you with access to your information. Please include photocopies of two (2) pieces of government-issued photo identification with your request.
9. If You Have a Question or Concern