1. Our Commitment to Protecting your Personal Data
JLR Inc., an Equifax Company, attaches great importance to your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal data under its control.
2. Application of our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes how JLR Inc. (“JLR”), and its affiliates (collectively, “we”, “us”, “our”) collect, use, disclose, and store personal data about Canadians in the course of doing business in Canada.
By accessing or using our website (www.jlr.ca) or any services provided by JLR that are directed to Canadians, you agree to the collection, use, disclosure, and storage of your personal data as set out in this Privacy Statement. Additionally, you agree to be bound by this Privacy Statement and the applicable terms and conditions of use or services agreement you enter into with JLR. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, in whole or in part, please do not access this website or use the service.
Disclaimer. Our site contains links to websites operated by third parties. JLR is not responsible for the practices or privacy policies of these websites, and our Privacy Statement does not apply to them.
4. Personal Data Collected
JLR collects the following categories of personal data:
- Property information. Information published by governmental bodies such as registries and municipalities (e.g., owner name(s), property address, and property value).
- Name and contact information. Your first and last name, email address, postal code, and phone number.
- Payment information. Information required to process payments directly to JLR, such as your payment card information.
- Commercial information. Information about your industry and your product preferences, including your opinion about JLR services.
- Support Information. Information about how you interact with our website and your online activity, including:
- Device-specific data: IP address, screen resolution, device type, operating system, browser type, geographic location (country only), preferred language used to display our website; and
- Log data: referring URL and domain, pages visited within the JLR domain, geographic location (country only), preferred language used to display our webpage, date and time when website pages were accessed.
5. Sources of Personal Data
We collect personal data, with consent or as permitted by law, from the following sources:
- Directly from you. JLR collects personal data through our interactions with you, such as when you subscribe to our newsletters, alerts and mailing lists, register for training sessions or other services, place orders, participate in sweepstakes or other promotions, or share your opinion through an online survey.
- Public Records. JLR collects personal data which is sourced from public records made available by government entities (e.g., Land Registry Office) and municipalities. This includes information on real property ownership and sales history.
- Customer Assistance. JLR may monitor or record communications between you and our representatives (e.g., telephone calls) in order to enhance and maintain client service quality, to protect you and us, to confirm our discussions with you, or for training purposes.
6. How We Use and Disclose Personal Data
We may use or disclose the personal data we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
Business Purposes. We may use and disclose personal data for numerous reasons, including:
- Setting up, managing, administering, and maintaining your services, such as accessing and using certain information, documents and services from our website.
- Promoting and marketing products and services that may be of interest to you offered by JLR, its affiliates, or select third parties.
- Performing statistical and analytical analysis including, but not limited to, market analysis.
- Managing and improving our relationship with you including monitoring, reviewing, or improving client service, the usability of our website, and business processes to make it easier to do business with us.
- Performing everyday business operations including record keeping or internal reporting.
- Developing products and services, including conducting market research or analyzing data we hold about you.
- Using third parties to perform services on our behalf.
- Detecting, preventing, and addressing fraud or other illegal activity.
- Complying with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable request by a governmental agency.
Changes in our corporate structure. If JLR is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of part or all of our business or its assets (including our client list containing your personal data), we may share information with the other parties to the transaction (e.g., as part of due diligence or on completion of the transaction). We will continue to ensure the confidentiality of your personal data.
Relationship Management. We may share information with JLR affiliates located elsewhere in Canada and in the United States (US) to manage your relationship with us. This includes managing and servicing your account, maintaining information about you, performing analytics, and developing and delivering products and services. As a result, your personal data may be securely used, stored, or accessed in other countries and be subject to the laws of those countries.
Disclosure for legal reasons or as necessary to protect JLR, its affiliates, and others. We may disclose personal data to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. Information shared with JLR affiliates will be subject to the Privacy Statement of those affiliates and the laws of those countries.
Safeguarding your Personal Data
JLR maintains strict security safeguards when collecting, using, disclosing, and storing your personal data in order to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks. These standards are in place for all information, regardless of how it is stored, and we regularly review, test, and enhance our systems to ensure they meet accepted industry standards. We also limit the number of employees who may access your personal data on a need-to-know basis. We conduct due diligence on, and impose the same high standards that we implement internally, our affiliates who are permitted to access your information from us.
In the event that we transfer your personal data to a third party in Canada or across borders for processing, we contractually require such third party to protect your personal data in a manner consistent with our privacy safeguarding measures, subject to the law in the third party jurisdiction.
8. Choices and Control over your Information
Your Right to Access and Correct your Personal Data
You have the right to access your personal data and request a correction.
To verify and correct the information contained in your online account, log in to the account and make any necessary changes. If you need help with accessing or correcting your account information, please contact us.
You also have a right to access the other personal data about you that is under our control, subject to any legal restrictions or rights of refusal.
Such a request for access must be made in writing stating the details of the personal data you are requesting to JLR’s Chief Privacy Officer at email@example.com. To ensure we disclose information to you only, please include photocopies (front and back) of two (2) pieces of government issued identification with your request so that we may verify your identity.
Your Consent and How you May Withdraw It
By providing JLR with information, you are providing your consent for the collection, use, disclosure, and storage of your personal data as set out in this Privacy Statement. Subject to legal, business, or contractual requirements, you can withdraw your consent to our collection, use, disclosure, and storage of information at any time upon giving us reasonable notice. However, withdrawing your consent may limit or prevent us from providing you with, or being able to continue to provide you with, specific products and services.
We apply a standard “unsubscribe” option in each of our electronic marketing communications with you regarding our products and services or other products and services that may interest you. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for your unsubscribe request to take effect. If you unsubscribe from electronic marketing communications, you will continue to receive electronic alerts and/or other subscriptions until you cancel your subscription.
9. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement in the future. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the revised Privacy Statement and its effective date on this website.
10. Contact Us
For more information related to our Privacy Statement or procedures, contact our Chief Privacy Officer by mail (see below) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any concerns about our Privacy Statement and procedures that we are not able to resolve, you may contact the appropriate privacy regulator. We will provide you with this contact information upon request.
Chief Privacy Officer
1981 McGill College
Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2Y1
1 (877) 861-5134